Monday, March 5, 2007

Censorship at HuffPo?



After writing TV review: "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" here I decided to do a little self-promotion of my blog by linking the review on a few other blogs talking about the show. One of them was Bruce Feiler's blog, in a post called "The Jesus Tomb Meets the Internet," over at the Huffington Post. In doing so I may have discovered someone curiously censoring my posts when I link my blog.

I wrote a comment and included this taste of writing from my blog:
Mr. Jacobovichi also argued how his own evidence was better than that of an archeologist who believed that back in 1990 the tomb of the "Caiaphas" family had been discovered and that this tomb had the bones of the very "Joseph, son of Caiaphas" that was the Jewish high priest who organized the plot to kill Jesus. The Caiaphas who convinced the Sanhedrin that Jesus should die and was also involved in the trial of Jesus after his arrest in the garden of Gethsemane.

If this Jesus isn't the Jesus of the New Testament, then why believe that their Caiaphas is the Caiaphas of the New Testament? Did anything in their tomb suggest any of that Caiaphas family had been high priests? Well, if that archeologist had anything it was edited out. It was a point that didn't boost Jacobovichi's own credibility but rather one that gave me less confidence in biblical archeology overall, which was pretty low to begin with.

The comment never showed up. Well, it takes time, so I tested it by writing a comment that didn't include a link to my blog. That got posted in the comments. I knew two things by then, first only comments with the link to my blog were never showing up and that it is not a general policy of theirs not to publish links to blogs because two other people there, EndianaDOTcom and Sevenstarhand, both put links to their blogs in their posts.

The linked blogs are:
http://indiananews.blogspot.com/
http://exposing-religious-deception.blogspot.com/

Next I went to Bruce Feiler's site:
http://www.brucefeiler.com/blog/

I found a "The Jesus Tomb Meets the Internet" post there and left a comment asking about the censorship on HuffPo. It hasn't shown up yet, it's moderated.

Then I did a bit of research on Bruce Feiler, author of seven books, including Walking the Bible, Abraham, and Where God Was Born, and the host of the series Walking the Bible on PBS. I plugged both the name Caiaphas and Bruce Feiler into Google and got some hits, like this one:

Cradle in the Sun
http://www.brucefeiler.com/blog/labels/Judaism.html

UPDATE: My comment on Bruce Feile's blog showed up.

No comments: